Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stunning



 After spending a  long weekend earlier this month in Minneapolis puppy sitting for Fern, (my daughter and son-in-law's lively wonderful Golden Doodle), then a week in Mexico Beach, Florida, I'm back to reality and my quilt world.  


What a great thrill to hear that "Woods and Wildflowers" was quilted and ready to be picked up.  I had to race to the Quilt Cottage in Hazelhurst this morning because I couldn't wait to see it.  Lisa Arndt, Creative Quilting has done an outstanding job with her machine quilting.  I chose the feather design, but from there she was on her own, adding wonderful applique outline and detail stitching, micro stippling and pebbling in the backgrounds.  The photo is just a sampling.  When seen as a whole it is stunning.  As they always say:  "quilting makes the quilt."


I will apply the binding and take photos this weekend.  My plan is to enter it immediately in the National Quilting Association's show in Columbus Ohio.  Deadline for entry:  April 29.  Get to work!

I did love the colors of these Florida shore birds:  black and gray with dark red beaks.  I thought there could be a quilt here with other beautiful colors of the sand,sea shells and the gulf waters..... 



Shore birds (photo courtesy of Katy Zillmer)

No comments:

Post a Comment