Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Camellias in bloom again

Celebrating an anniversary of sorts.  A year ago today, in fact right about now we were arriving at our vacation rental home in Ocean Springs, Mississippi a unique coastal city near Biloxi.  


It had been the coldest winter there that anyone could remember, but the camellias were in bloom even though there were few other signs of spring.  And they were just beautiful.  Memorable.


Once back home, I designed and appliqued this camellia quilt block.  It was to be the start of a mandala quilt I had in mind, but this block was left behind when that quilt took a different direction.  


I pulled out this block the other day, decided to machine quilt it and it will become a wall hanging.  I don't do machine quilting - but I've been inspired by our applique group members who do their own machine quilting and I decided it was time to "just do it!"



No comments:

Post a Comment