Friday, January 18, 2019

Neutral territory


In 2018, besides Greens of June, I made 5 other "non-show" quilts -  4 bed quilts and one wall hanging  Now it's back to my work on a new show quilt inspired by this photo of a cathedral in Penn Quarter, Washington DC.  Katy and I visited last June and she snapped this picture upon my command:  "Hold it!  There's a quilt here!!"


Cathedral at Penn Quarter


Here's a pic of the very center of my new design.  I have a long way to go, but you may see where I'm going with this.  It won't look anything like a cathedral. Well.... maybe.



Center Block


I was struck by the dimensional appliqué details of the cathedral, and also the gorgeous neutral stone colors. 

Here are photos of three of my recent quilts, also done in neutral tones:




December



Gossamer



Moonlight Migration

For more info about these quilts, you can search my blog.  Have a nice neutral day!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Jane!
    I can almost (unfortunately
    I don't have your amazing vision! LOL) imagine the new quilt. Here's what I know about it....it's going to be totally amazing! Can't wait to see it. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. With your vision and design abilities it will be a wonderful show quilt. It's amazing what vision quilters have in things if you just open your eyes and look. The wheels start to turn. Looking forward to see the finished quilt. The other three are pretty amazing too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete