Monday, May 13, 2019

Gardens of Rock




This is one of my favorite but under recognized quilts.  I've shown it a number of times, but it has won few awards.  I don't think the judges quite "get" my idea here, or my inspiration.  

My workmanship is superb as is the machine quilting done by Ann Becker.  

Each block is a nature of garden interpretation of a favorite rock song or artist, thus the title Gardens of Rock (a play on rock gardens).  Are you with me so far?  The black circle backgrounds represent a vinyl record, the diamond circle border around each record depicts a diamond needle used to play the record.  That's it.  Very simple.  

I made a playlist of the songs and have copied it below.  

Rock On!



Gardens of Rock
93" x 93"


Playlist:  

https://itunes.apple.com/us/playlist/gardens-of-rock/pl.u-leyllRYu6LGvG

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful quilt that I saw up close last year in Asheville, NC. Thank you for sharing the playlist - all songs I love! Ann Becker is a friend of mine now too, as I might be the person responsible for her checking out Ashe County, NC during her search for a warmer climate. She sings praise about your quilting skills, and your beautiful surroundings that often serve as inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete