Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Jane makes a Modern Quilt




After I wrote a review on my blog about the McCall's ebook:  (Click here for a free copy), I just had to try making one of the quilts.  

To read my review click here.

I pulled fabrics from my stash in colors that I like and started cutting, but quickly realized my background fabric choice did not fit the design mode of a modern quilt.  See the bottom fabric below;  the print is much to busy.





I found a linen look fabric at my local quilt shop which worked very well and kept the look of a modern quilt. At first I thought I might add borders and of course, appliqué.  But, no to both.  The top is finished.  I'll have some fun next exploring how to quilt a modern quilt.   

My quilt does still look quite different from the photo sample in the ebook.  I will say it was fun to make.  It's been a while since I cut and pieced a quilt anything like it.  




Leo snoozing on my chosen fabrics

No comments:

Post a Comment