Monday, October 31, 2011

Bittersweet Too

 
 Some favorite photos of autumn past.  

Back to the present, I won some nice awards at the Marshfield quilt show this past weekend.

Plain Jane won third place in it's category:




 

And Woods and Wildflowers won first place and the show chairman's award:
 

I am working diligently on my book.  Bittersweet is one of the patterns to be included:

 
But, looking at the other quilts to be included in my book, I felt Bittersweet needed to be updated with newer fabrics and design.  So, I used the same log cabin layout, but in a smaller size, went exploring the woods for new leaves to inspire me and came up with the New Bittersweet or maybe I'll title it "Bittersweet Too."  I did add a final border in the brown marble fabric after this photo was taken.  Now it just needs to be quilted.  And the pattern is finished!















1 comment: