Monday, September 9, 2019

Birdsurround us


You read that title correctly. "Birdsurround" is not a word, but it is the title of my quilt in progress. And a clue to what these blocks are all about.  

My original idea for this quilt was to create bird mandalas (me and my circles again).  I started with the chickadee block and when I pinned the birds in a circle around a center motif, I noted what I thought to be an optical illusion.  Huh.  Neat.  OK, I went with that and just kept creating new bird blocks. 

But my sister Ellen correctly noted that they are really kaleidoscope depictions.  Exactly!  

Whatever they are, I'm having fun with this quilt.  There will be 9 blocks, set on point with sashing and appliqué of some kind in the borders.  

Some birds are still pinned in place as I may change them, some are stitched. Can you identify the birds? 










No comments:

Post a Comment