Monday, May 21, 2018

Progress

Hello quilting friends,

When I meet someone I haven't seen in a while, I am always asked: "So, are you still quilting?"  and "What are you working on?" 

Yes, I have been quilting, sewing and knitting non-stop and have just finished several big projects, all for my daughter and grandkids.

First project which I started in January,  a king size quilt for mom and dad's bed.  A replica of an antique quilt, traditional LeMoyne star pattern, lovingly named The Behemoth.  The largest quilt I've ever made at 108" x 108"  and machine quilted by Ann Becker.




                                               The Behemoth, show off by Woody


Then two twin size quilts for Woody's new big boy room.  These were fun and easy to do, using lots of different blue print fabrics.  My daughter wanted random placement of the blocks.  I quilted these myself, a challenge as I haven't machine quilted in a while using stitch-in-the ditch and straight line echo quilting. 




And in addition to these quilts, I knit a stuffed bunny and a baby blanket (more like a rug) for my new granddaughter, June.  (No pics - darn), and stitched up several tablecloths and pillows, also for my daughter's home. She was "nesting" before the baby was born, getting all her home projects done.  

Now it's back to other works.  "Greens of June" is on Ann Becker's quilt frame, ready to get finished.  Here's a picture before I added borders:


                                                                   
New quilt designs are in my head, time to get at them! 

As always:  Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. I love the quilts. Let me know when you get the June quilt back - would LOVE to see it. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete