Monday, October 14, 2013

That bittersweet time of year


"Bittersweet Too"


Autumn is my favorite season, especially here in the Wisconsin north woods.  I love the sights and smells of the woods, chilly nights, the striking moon over the lake.

Even though there is a ton of yard work to do now, it's  good  to be outside enjoying the weather.  (That's my story and I'm sticking to it).

I hope you've purchased my book "Nature's Journey Appliqué" as there you will find the pattern for Bittersweet Too.  This quilt really captures the essence of autumn.  

If you attend the Treasures of Tomorrow quilt show in Marshfield, Wi October 25 and 26, you'll see this quilt on display along with 2 of my other quilts.  

Soon winter will be here, snow will cover those remaining leaves and pine needles on the ground and I'll be nestled into my sewing room again, hard at work. I'm looking forward to it.

I have a new quilt on the drawing board and other projects to finish including machine quilting "Cubic Circles." I  started with some simple straight line quilting using my walking foot.  Next, I outlined and echo stitched each outer circle, filling that space with pebbles, and last, I will pebble quilt all the open spaces.  I'm using Hobbs 80/20 batting and I do like it's loft versus my usual cotton batting.  




"Cubic Circles"
Note that I've already machine stitched the binding in place.




Detail straight line quilting




Pebble quilting in progress




Roadside pick of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment